Sunday, August 1, 2010

Slider experiment

Tonight I am getting ready for our dinner group's August event which is "burger night" and I am working on some sliders toward that end. I downloaded some recipes for various versions of sliders and burgers and they all looked very interesting but I thought I would do a little experimenting of my own.
I took a pound of 85/15 ground beef and cut it into 8 sections , 1/4 pound each and made them into patties about 2 1/2" in diameter and about 3/4" thick. Next, I rubbed them with a mixture of Spanish smoked Paprika ( available at Penzey's Spices www.Penzey's.com), Instant Espresso Powder, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. I heated the gas grill to high and cooked them about 3 minutes per side until just cooked through. To finish them I made a mixture of Shredded Mozzarella, Shredded Parmesan and Gorgonzola crumbles and topped each slider with about a Tablespoon of the mixture, then closed the grill cover to allow the cheese to melt nicely.
Next, I grilled the buns after spraying them with olive oil cooking spray and served them with a dollop of mayonnaise and a spoonful of my Smoked Tomato, Pepper and Onion Ragu.
Frankly, these were amazing! I ate three of them! The smoked Paprika and coffee flavors blended very nicely and the Smoked Ragu really made them "pop". I am definitely going to use this recipe at our Burger Night this month. On to the next experiment with sliders!

No comments:

Post a Comment