Monday, March 21, 2011

Culinary Adventure part III

Today I continue our adventure in Southwest Florida with a trip to Snapper's, in St. Pete's Beach. We arrived at about 4:45 PM which is a bit early for dinner but it worked out for the time we happened to be there so we went for it. This turned out to be one of my favorite places to eat in the area. We began with a salad that had the most amazing dressing on it. I asked the server what was in it and, of course, she couldn't tell me but did divulge that there were three mustards, three vinegars, eggs, shallots, and garlic in it. I told her I would try to figure it out because it was so good. She asked if I cooked and I said "definitely!".
Teresa ordered a Cashew Crusted Mahi Mahi with a Mango Tomato Sauce and Grilled Bananas with Puff Pastry wrapped Potatoes. It was very nice to say the least. I ordered Blue Crab Cakes over a rice that seemed fairly sticky with some Coconut Milk, Red Bell Peppers and
Scallions. It was excellent! It tasted like my Walleye Cakes but with a more ocean fish hint because of the crab. I loved it! We topped off our dinner with a Petite Key Lime Pie, which had a Chocolate Wafer Crust and a Raspberry Coulis under it to accent the dish. It was very nice and just the right size for the dinner we experienced.
Good eating,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment