Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wild game,etc.

Tonight I'm cooking for a wild game dinner on Friday evening at the Vineyard Church in Duluth, MN. (6:30 pm by the way in case you're interested. $3.00 and call ahead because space is limited). Anyway, I'm making my Walleye Cakes, Wild Rice Pilaf with onions, bacon, and craisins, and a Venison Bourguignon. The Pilaf has to feed 120 people so I'll be cooking that at the church kitchen as I don't have a stock pot that big. Also I won't have to transport the stuff; that's a lot!
The venison dish is done using Julia Child's recipe from her book Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I have done this one before with venison and it turned out nicely. The Walleye Cake recipe is my own and I'm not sure I want to share that one here just yet. We'll see. It is too late tonight post the Pilaf recipe but I will soon. It was given to me by Chef Paul Madsen and I have adapted it to my liking. Also smoked some more of that red/yellow pepper-onion ragu I was fooling around with a while ago. It really is good. I tried it over scrambled eggs, on top of a grilled steak, and on Friday we'll see how it goes on Elk Burgers. Someone is bringing the meat and I'll be cooking them on the flat top at the church. I'm very excited about doing this dinner; very nice to just be cooking and not have the whole thing to plan and execute.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment