Thursday, July 8, 2010

new Restaurant find

Teresa and I re-visited our new find, G.B. Schneider & Co. at 46th ave. west in Duluth, MN. I had their pot roast and it was absolutely amazing! the gravy was perfect. The beef was perfectly cooked and Capitol "T" tender and the vegetables the same. Gary Schneider is an amazing chef!
I asked him if I could tour the kitchen and I told him that I designed residential kitchens but I am so intrigued by commercial kitchens that I need to see how his works. He told me that would be fine so I hope to see it soon. Back to the food; Teresa had their Chicken Pot Pie and it was excellent as well! Instead of a traditional savory crust on the top there was a flaky crust with some sweet potato in it and it was marvelous! A bit unconventional, but I thought it was amazing! Serious comfort food as their sign says. I highly recommend this new spot if you can get there. Try the Lake Superior Kayak Kolsch on tap while you're there, it's excellent!
Eat on!
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment