Friday, February 26, 2010

New restaurant find

I just had surgery yesterday for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Teresa and I decided to go out for lunch after the event (outpatient surgery) I was out of the hospital in less than an hour!
We decided to try a new restaurant (to us, anyway) called Takk For Maten on the corner of Lake Ave. and Superior St. in Duluth. My friend Barb Oase told me about it a while ago before it had moved to it's present location. it used to be in the Sons of Norway hall up the street but hey had some building troubles and are now on Superior St. I am here to report that this is a very nice find! It's a small restaurant with a Scandinavian theme and the food is reasonably priced and very authentic. I had a Swedish Meatball sandwich on wild rice-cranberry bread with Havarti cheese and pressed in a panini grill. It was served with a really good dilled potato salad. Teresa had a Honeyed Ham sandwich with Jarlsberg cheese on rye and pressed as well, also served with the excellent potato salad.
They have a nice breakfast menu which is served all day and will soon be expanding their hours to dinner and into the evening. There is a full bar there serving wines and Scandinavian cocktails as well as beer. The decor is of course, Scandinavian with high ceilings and good lighting. Lots of windows to the street and access to the Tech Village from the restaurant.
The coffee is excellent and there are herbal teas as well as iced tea and other beverage choices.
I think this will become one of my favorites and I would encourage you to check it out!
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment