Friday, April 23, 2010

Filet Mignon

Tonight I cooked a beef tenderloin medallion on the grill. My word, I like that stuff! Super One in Duluth had a sale a while back on beef tenderloin and I was $3.95/ lb. ; unbelievable! I bought two of them and cut them up into individual medallions and Chateaubriand-style roasts. Tonight I made the individual medallions and wrapped them in bacon and grilled them, searing for about 4 minutes per side, seasoned with Lawry's seasoned salt and fresh ground black pepper. Absolutely wonderful! The tenderloin needs extra seasoning because it doesn't have that much flavor, being so lean. It does make up for that in being unbelievably tender, however. I served it with a baked Russet potato, sour cream and butter. It was a lovely dinner.
Teresa and I have embarked on a weight loss deal with Weight Watchers ( not fun, by the way) and so I have to watch what I am cooking these days but it is necessary I suppose. Truth- be - told I don't want to do this but it is necessary and here we go. I am not willing, however to give up flavor for weight loss so this will have to be a compromise on those terms. We'll see how it goes.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment